Sunday, December 5, 2010

Nayna's Christmas Concert

Nayna joined a homeschool choir this year and they are fantastic! I walked into rehearsal to pick her up and thought, "That is a really good Christmas CD they have playing." Only to realize it was the homeschool choir. Unfortunately, my little camera did not do the sound justice. It has a terrible microphone, which I am bummed about (not that the video is that good either).

You can see Nayna in the third row up right next to the young men. She is wearing black and has her hair up. I tried to keep her in the middle of the frame. The second song is Nigerian, but I couldn't hear all of what they said about it. There is also a full orchestra behind them.

For Nayna, this is a big accomplishment. She is very shy and has difficulty being up in front of people. We are so proud of her!



3 comments:

  1. That's great! It sounds like it would have been awesome to listen to in person. That is a big choir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! They did SUCH a good job!!! I'm so jealous!!!

    They did such a good job on the Handel piece! The BYU choirs recorded a version of the Nigerian song on a Christmas album.

    It's VERY impressive that this choir "Handled" (ha!) both pieces so well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a big choir, over 90 kids in the "high school" choir. Plus, I didn't mention that the concert was over 3 hours long with 15 performing musical groups from beginners to the performing groups. All is organized by our local homeschool orchestra/band/choir organization which requires that all participants must be 100% homeschooled. I didn't have enough battery power to record everything. That is one fantastic thing here is the homeschool community (as long as they don't know you are Mormon anyway). The music organization does not ask about religion and they state up front they are a Christian group.

    Yes, The Messiah pieces were incredible. Altogether they did 3 pieces from The Messiah and many other Christmas songs, with a few Christian worship songs thrown in as well.

    ReplyDelete

Yea! We're back up!

On Sunday morning my email account was hit by something and I couldn't access it. Then my blog disappeared completely to which I almost ...