Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One Second After

One Second AfterThis book is patterned after "Alas, Babylon", which I liked better. "One Second After" has tons of language which I felt was very unnecessary and is quite graphic. I know that in that situation it would be horrific and graphic, I just don't need the gory details.

However, I feel this topic is a real possibility. The US could be hit by an EMP and have all the electronics fail at once, leaving the human race to scrounge for food and survival. We are a soft generation that is far from prepared to live without electronics/electricity. In other words, this is not a fantasy/sci-fi book, it could really happen. I do think that the scenario is realistic and correctly depicts how people would react (not a comforting thought).

One positive to reading this book is that it made me truly think about what we would need to survive such a drastic circumstance. It is not a very comforting thought and I am loosing sleep just thinking about the book and what we would need to do to be prepared, not just having food on hand and what not, but to survive raiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yea! We're back up!

On Sunday morning my email account was hit by something and I couldn't access it. Then my blog disappeared completely to which I almost ...